New Level 3 Pilates Qualification
We are extremely excited to announce that our new Level 3 Pilates programme is now complete and will be on sale from January 2012. Approval from our Awarding Body, Central YMCA Qualifications has now been given and the Pilates manuals are already in print. Dates will appear on the website during the first week in January, so book early to avoid disappointment.
This Pilates qualification presents a modern perspective to the original work of Joseph Pilates in his Contrology programme. Moreover, the Level 3 Pilates Diploma provides candidates with advanced knowledge of Anatomy and Physiology, and how they can apply this knowledge to the safe prescription of Pilates exercises and programmes.
Requirements for the Pilates Diploma:
There are no formal pre-requisites for this Pilates programme however we do strongly recommend that those considering this qualification already possess a Level 2 certificate in Fitness Instruction.
Alternatively, if candidates already possess a Level 2 Pilates Course, and want to up skill their knowledge and qualification to the required Level 3 standards, this qualification provides the perfect opportunity to do so.
Pilates Course Structure:
- Unit 1- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Unit 2- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- Unit 3- Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity this unit is worth 2 credits
- Unit 4- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Unit 5- Principles of Pilates
- Unit 6- Programme Pilates
- Unit 7- Instructing Pilates
For more information about our Pilates course/qualification, please contact our sales team on 01257 475 789.