Where can I get insurance once I have completed my course?

Upon successful completion of any of our qualifications you will be able to obtain public liability insurance or professional indemnity insurance from any insurer.

This insurance is essential for the protection of both you and your clients,  and will provide you with cover for issues of professionalism in the area(s) that you are qualified to teach.

Fitness instructors and personal trainers should however be aware of their boundaries of competence and must not attempt to plan, teach or deliver exercise in areas they are not qualified to do so. For example, if you are a gym-based personal trainer, you shouldn’t deliver training sessions in an outdoor environment if you don’t have an outdoor training qualification. Similarly, if you don’t have a group exercise instructor qualification, you should only teach exercise on a one-to-one basis.

We at HFE do not endorse any particular insurance companies and so a simple web search will help you find a suitable insurer. You may also wish to try the Exercise Register website as they have insurance packages to suit their affiliates and members.

Request More Information


Request more information

For further information about our courses, our site or about the fitness industry, please complete the form below and we will contact you asap. To enable us to respond to your query please complete all required (*) fields.

Sign up and become more

Join our exclusive mailing list and never miss out on interviews with leading professionals, deals and offers, workout inspiration, and much, much more


I’m interested in hearing about: